Friday, October 15, 2010

Flower Power

Last night in cake class, we focused on flowers and decorated a dozen cupcakes. Again, hilarious. My mother - God bless her, lacks the ability to focus and listen to instruction apparently. She had most of her cupcakes frosted before we even had our first flower instructions. It appeared as though she had not eaten dinner either, when I looked over at one point during class and she has frosting smeared clear across her face. When I burst out laughing, she laughed too - only to reveal her frosting coated teeth as well. I died. "OMG, mom. I can't take you anywhere." I'm pretty sure we disrupted the class with this one and got deemed the "class clowns"...

However, I have to say...this was NOTHING compared to the only single (older) gentleman taking this class. He had worn a white dress shirt (and no apron) last night and half way through class, I look up, and he has red and blue frosting ALL over his white shirt. It looked like he had attempted to rub it off too, because it was smeared into the fibers of his shirt like a giant oil painting mural. How did this happen, you ask? I HAVE NO IDEA. I laughed out loud to myself and tried to get a picture, but couldn't. Perhaps he was just trying to be patriotic.

My mother also is very thrifty, I mean inventive. I have captured a picture (below) of the rosette platform she constructed using a stool leg slider, an old nail, and a blob of glue. My platform is the white one that came in my decorators tool kit. You will notice the difference, however...hers works just the same, so I have to give her some credit...


White Trash cake decorating anyone? Hilarious.


My tribute to Breast Cancer Awareness Month...hehe :)


Making flowers on the practice board!


My mom's finished cupcakes...terrible lighting, I know.


My cupcakes at class! Mostly swirl roses, but a few "shaggy mums"...leaves too!


I finished up the rest of the batch after I got home, trying the different techniques we had learned. I still have like 3 pounds of frosting left.




I'm not sure what this flower is called, but it was fun to make!


The best part of class :)

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! I hope they tasted super tasty! So sad I'm missing out on this experience with you, but glad Elaine will provide entertainment:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!!! And your cute flower and dress...definitely thinking you should start a cupcake biz...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, LOL! That class sounds like a hoot! And I liked the tribute to Breast Cancer Awareness Month too ;)

    Love your blog Em!

    ReplyDelete