Friday, October 22, 2010

Cake Class #3

Last night was cake clinical - night 3. The class size is getting smaller and smaller. Can't stand the heat? Get out of the kitchen :) Mr. USA wasn't there either - perhaps last weeks' shirt mural was enough to send him on a walk of shame.

We focused on ribbon roses last night, which are much harder than I thought. It took more focus and less giggling, but the learning process was still fun. I still have a lot of practicing to do, but I was pleased with the outcome. I don't mean to brag, but I actually liked my cake very best out of everyone's! Here's a few pics!


Prep and practice! You can see all of my roses lined up on the counter ledge ready to go.


Roses on. Border done!


Add some leaves to cover up any wonky spots on your roses...


Action shot...


Finished top view.


My mom's finished cake! Writing with frosting was not my forte. I didn't want to ruin my cake with slopping words, so I went with a different design :)


Posing with a cake is ridiculous, Emily.


Voila :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! Decided aunty em is making harp's birthday cake in April...

    ReplyDelete