Monday, December 23, 2013

Still 'A Little Bit Pregnant'...

My hCG level on Wednesday was only 16. I went up to Portland Friday for another blood test and when the doctor called with my results, my hCG was 48. It TRIPLED! My Progesterone level also went up to a healthy level, from a lowly 4, to 33!

Praise the Lord!

However - Dr. Stoelk was very very clear that my hCG is still about half of what they like to see at this point and I will need to continue supplementing the Progesterone. More awful shots and capsules (Not oral. Gag). As long as the numbers increase, he is "more hopeful" and said things look "somewhat promising"...he doesn't sugar coat. At all. No false hope, but he said he was very pleased with my numbers and the amount they increased. He said that's a great sign, but nothing is guaranteed yet, of course. They will continue to monitor me closely, and I will retest again tomorrow morning - making sure that my hCG level continues to rise. MOOOOOOOOORE waiting. I'm getting really good at it actually! I'm mastering the art of distraction! He's calling in the orders to the Salem Clinic Lab for tomorrow, so luckily I don't have to drive all the way up to Portland again for a 5 minute blood draw. I am hoping he calls with the results by tomorrow afternoon. Timing isn't ideal, being that it's Christmas Eve and all, but he is so diligent and said he would call from home so he doesn't keep me waiting any longer than necessary. I heart him.

So, that's all I've got this post. I am still pregnant. I am still waiting.

Thank you for the positive comments, encouragement, and prayers!! I have been blessed by every comment, message, email, and text. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment