Friday, December 27, 2013

Progress...

Progress...I say this like Coldplay's Chris Martin in the song "Scientist"..."Pro-gress"

ANYWAY...

After another early morning trip up to Portland and back, my hCG was 688! It was 268 on Christmas Eve, just 3 days ago. Dr. Stoelk seemed encouraged that the numbers are doing what they're supposed to, but he said the next big important check mark is seeing the baby and the heartbeat on ultrasound. I made my appointment this morning! January 7th! That's 11 days away. I don't have to do anymore blood tests until then (can I get an AMEN!) but he still has me supplementing Progesterone. I will only have to do 5 more injections of the oil (every 3 days), but I will continue the capsules most likely until my second trimester. Ughgagh. Oh well. Only 7ish more weeks! Haha. I can do anything for this sweet baby girl! ;)

I'm feeling really good. Normal. Tired, yes - but great overall. I still don't FEEL anything. It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that I'm pregnant. People are reading this blog and coming up to me and saying "Congratulations!!!!!" and I feel like I just look at them blankly. Care Bear Stare. I'm caught off guard and for a split second, almost confused. Of course, I know what they're talking about - but I'm still struggling with the disconnect. I need to see that heartbeat. I need to see the baby. I need proof! I'm sorry if you've talked to me in person about this and I seemed reserved and didn't leap for joy out of excitement. It will come...it's just on a delay of sorts. 11 days...

1 comment:

  1. Yay for great progress!! I hope time flies by for you so you can see your little peanut :)

    ReplyDelete