Friday, December 6, 2013

Ball of Nerves...

Harvest was a HUGE success yesterday!! 41 eggs. 41!!!! That is nearly triple the average! I am feeling a little sore, bloated, and crampy this morning, but overall, pretty good! I feel much better than I expected to feel - so good in fact, I'm at work as I write this. Today is so quiet and slow due to an unexpected snowfall this morning that has continued throughout the day. I don't mind it. I think I will call it an early day though and close up shop soon. Stretchy pants, soft pillows, and a good movie or two are calling my name. I could use a good distraction anyway...

I'm sitting here, waiting for the phone to ring. The doctor will be calling today to tell us how many of our healthy, mature eggs fertilized last night. We are really nervous about this though because he didn't think there would be enough sperm to fertilize them all. He even had Danny try again - not a good sign! We left feeling really unsure and anxious about it. I am a ball of nerves for that phone to ring. If nothing fertilized, it's game over. All of those shots, hormones, harvesting - for nothing. I can't think that way though. I must be positive! I must pray continually. We only need a few good embryos, and I keep reminding myself: it ONLY TAKES ONE! God is in control. I have to release the worry and know he will provide. He's got the whole world in His hands. Those babies are in His hands! In the meantime, I will watch the snowfall and seek peace in the stillness. God is good.

3 comments:

  1. That is very exciting!! It's like waiting for that positive pregnancy test! It will happen just as it should, so like you said. Do not worry!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Emily, great words: the babies are in His hands, He alone is in control! I am praying too and I am really looking forward to great news :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comments didn't stick, but my prayers did! Grow baby grow..It's all in God's hands now..keep the faith. As tiny as a mustard seed, so shall your faith grow.

    ReplyDelete