Monday, November 25, 2013

Human Pin Cushion

I did it! Aside from some bruising, I completed all 10 of my injections this weekend without incident. I may have dragged my feet on the way into the bathroom, but I made it. (I don't want to hear any whitey pale jokes, naturally-tan-husband)...



Fun? Meh - not so much. But, hey. Ya do what'cha gotta do. However - I'm not done yet. I will continue with 3 injections each night until my "trigger" shot. Hey, 3 is way better than 5, OKAY?!

I really can't believe how quickly all of this is going! I know I'm lucky and blessed that it's going so smoothly for me. The injections are really no-big-deal in the broad scheme of life, and I'm feeling great! I've been tired and had a headache or two here and there, but overall, really really good. Harvest is next week already. NEXT WEEK! Eek! I'm excited. I know I will get more uncomfortable (still waiting for my ovaries to balloon) - but overall, excited to get this done with. I wish I could fast forward just a few weeks to know where I stand: Pregnant or not pregnant. That would help - but I guess God doesn't give sneak peeks...so I will keep on swimming.

5 days until my next appointment...Saturday at 7:45am. Which means I leave the house at 6:35am. Ugh. And this was the latest time they had left! (Grumble grumble grumble.) Oh well. As soon as that newborn is screaming, this may seem like a very normal wake-up time, am I right? Anyway, Saturday I will have another ultrasound and the doctor will look at how large my egg sacks are and based on what he sees, we will schedule the trigger shot. This is the shot that will make my ovaries RELEASE all of the eggs that are ready, so they can harvest them out of my body. We are praying for at least 12 healthy eggs. Anyway, Saturday will be a very important appointment and we'll know more then. So, as much as I know you are all sitting out there with bated breath just dying with anticipation for my next post, all I can say is: stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment