Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gratitude continued...

November 25th - Black Friday - although I DO NOT participate in the madness, I am thankful it was still a good day at the shop.
November 26th - It was such a beautiful day today! It was dry, sunny, and almost 60 degrees. Perfect weather to get things done with a happy spirit!
November 27th - Cold cereal. Seriously. I.LOVE.CEREAL. My current favorite: LIFE. I have a bowl for breakfast, and usually, another bowl before bed.
November 28th - I am thankful for childhood friends like Chelsea B. She is loyal and always on "Team Emily"...she is insightful and quick to listen, slow to speak. Although we have a many miles between us, anytime I see her or we chat - instant message, email, or phone - we can always pick up right where we left off. We have been friends since we were 8...over 20 years! Today, I am grateful for her.
November 29th - Today, I am thankful for another friend, but a new friend this time! Megan. Simply put, we have traveled an identical journey in a very specific aspect of our lives. Having someone to share that journey with - and all of the ugly emotions that accompanied it, has returned sanity to my life. Our conversations together have been so validating; she is wise beyond her years. Although I may never have closure in this particular situation, the friendship that has blossomed out of our ability to relate to each other in this capacity, has given me peace and shown me what a true friend REALLY is.
November 30th - I am thankful this is the last day of this month, so tomorrow I may start anew. Refreshed, alert, motivated, and THANKFUL to be where I am :)

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Wish i could have popped in on the Black Friday fun at the shop! Still get lots of compliments on my striped maxi dress :-) Keep posting photos of new merch and I'll keep sending me mom in :-). LOVE your heart of gratitude. I'm right there with you on LIFE cereal and Chelsea B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, I feel the same way. It's fairly amazing that such a hopeless situation can bring such hope and healing. I appreciate you more than words can express. Your presence in my life is truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete