Friday, November 25, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude...

In lieu of Thanksgiving, which to me feels like it is approaching really REALLY quickly this year, I decided to start a gratitude journal for every day this month leading up to Thanksgiving. I will add to the draft everyday, and then post this in its entirety on Thanksgiving Day.

I believe being thankful for even the little things is important. Sometimes silly, sometimes serious, but regardless of the importance of the matter, being thankful is still a good disposition :)

I am thankful for...

November 1st - A fresh month, and pumpkin spice lattes.
2nd - Modern Family.
3rd - The beauty of love and the comfort of commitment.
4th - My new Missoni rainboots from Target.
5th - Scoring a killer deal at a cool boutique while hanging out with Paul and Kelsey. P.F. Chang's.
6th - A beautiful sunny fall afternoon spent with my most favorite people. While we were at lunch, Ty made Danny laugh so hard, he cried. These are the little moments I treasure. I love my little family.
7th - The fire hazard electric blanket that makes cozy evening cuddles possible during our nightly movie watching excursion.
8th - Breakpoint Coffee's afternoon "happy hour" - $2 on all grande drinks. This was particularly a life saver this afternoon. Hot, white mocha for $2? Yes please.
9th - DIY Craft projects that cost virtually nothing, but have a great outcome and impact!
10th - Brittany. She's the kind of friend that gets angry with me, cries for me, celebrates my joy, and encourages my success. She's a gem I tell you, a rare gem and I cannot even express how grateful I am for her in my life! The She & Him Christmas album.
11th - My loyal customers who not only helped me celebrate the boutique's 3rd anniversary today, but are the reason behind it! Danny's unwavering support - he's so proud of me and isn't afraid to tell me so. Cupcakes :)
12th - Quiet evenings IN and the quality time spent with my love. Urban Dictionary and the things we're still laughing about!
13th - Ty and the joy I'm already experiencing in anticipating our first Christmas as a little family! Tonight, we each picked out an ornament Ty picked out 3 ornaments for our tree :)
14th - Crisp, dry fall nights and a cozy little date at French Press for a $5 breakfast dinner crepe :)
15th - Tallulah. She is always happy to see me when I get home. She waits for me in the window, and greets me at the door with purrs and her billowing white fluff. I love it!
16th - Candles! They make everything smell so yummy and give off such a sense of coziness! I brought in the SKEEM candle line to the shoppe, and now I get to light one every day on my counter. MMM!
17th - Shannon. She can fight fire with fire - even if it's MY fire! She is my voice of reason in the storm, but doesn't take crap from anyone. She loves me unconditionally, as a true friend should. LOVE her.
18th - Faith and prayer.
19th - The Heritage Holiday Faire and the fun conversations I had while celebrating a friend's (surprise) birthday. Shannon and Renee, you are awesome friends and I love you both! Renee, your support in my life has been amazing. You (and our friendship) mean so much to me!
20th - The joy I get out of listening to Christmas music - especially the classics. It makes me feel jolly, peaceful, nostalgic, and content all at once :)
21st - High Tea. Today's choice, Tazo "Zen" - which always reminds me of my lovely friend Bex. She is such an amazing example of a Christian woman and mom in my life :) I admire you so much! Miss you, friend!
22nd - Paul. He is sensible and calm. Love you, brother bear :)
23rd - New stock just in time for Black Friday!
24th - A day off in the middle of the week spent with my boys...and dinner reservations! National Lampoons Christmas Vacation :)
Danny - you are the stars to my night, and the sun to my day; the rhythm to my heartbeat. My world. I love you.

1 comment: