Friday, May 7, 2010

New Pet Peeves

Will someone please explain to me the fascination that some people (mostly women) have with watching the food network at the gym? Seriously. Who wants to watch Rachel Ray whip up a fabulously juicy 30 minute meal DURING the dinner hour WHILE on the treadmill? Not this girl. Sure, maybe watching Paula Dean start every recipe with a stick of butter is motivating to some people, but quite honestly, it just makes me hungry and distracted from the task at hand...burning OFF the calories that got me to the gym in the first place - NOT collecting dinner ideas.

Another pet peeve that absolutely KILLS me is when someone is next to me on the treadmill and decides talking on their cell phone is somehow appropriate. Not, just a quick, "Hey, I'm at the gym" call, but a full fledged personal conversation. Really, people? If you are at the gym, I assume you're there to exercise. I will also assume that you're not exercising very efficiently because you're clearly able to slow down the treadmill and remain un-winded by the conversation. Even with turning up my headphones, I get so annoyed I can actually feel my ears burning and the dirty looks I'm throwing aren't helping either. It is this moment that I am tempted to reach over and increase the speed on their treadmill. Ha! There. Keep up with that! Good grief.

Ok. That's all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment