Friday, April 30, 2010

Tick Tock

Babies are everywhere. Most of my friends have already entered this stage of life...some of which are already on round 2. In fact, just a few short hours ago this very day, one of my besties gave birth to a beautiful baby boy...Finley Benjamin. Congrats Shan, I couldn't be happier for you :)

Now, I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling "baby fever" myself these days. You know, that annoying little "tick-tock" sound that your uterus makes? Yeah, that's the one. I'm definitely not ready yet. I'd like to get married, buy a house, have a little nest egg, etc. before even thinking about having a baby, but I still can't help thinking about it. A LOT. I may or may not have already named all 3 of them. Haha. Yes, I'd like 3. Girl, Boy, then surprise me. I know it doesn't work that way - putting your "order" in and all, but in a perfect world, it would be that easy. I know however it works out though, God has planned it out for me, so I'll be happy and blessed no matter what. At the same time, I can't help but be excited about it though! I'm totally fascinated by the stages of fetal development too. I've studied it quite a bit through many of my pre-nursing courses, which is most likely the driving force behind the interest. I think it is such an amazing process - a 9 month miracle - and I can't wait to experience it myself someday. Meanwhile, I will be content playing the role of "Auntie Em" and living vicariously through all of my friends and their mommyhood experiences. To all of my "nieces" and "nephews," I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment