Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mr. Darcy.

I stumbled upon this fabulous quote from Pride and Prejudice. A quote from Mr. Darcy's proposal, no less. It struck me, so I thought I'd share.

...in vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you...


Speaking of Mr. Darcy...


What is it about that time period that makes me swoon? The romantic clothing, the old English gardens, the intricate architecture of the era - rich in red brick, crown molding, and delicately paned windows. I love it all. A time of simplicity - no electronics, no motorized transportation, no distractions. I imagine a elegant dinner party complete with silver candelabras set upon a heavy table adorned with cream linens, silver flatware and crystal stemware - toasting to happiness, prosperity, and love with French champagne, and not a single cell phone in sight.

Perhaps it is time for a holiday in the countryside, next to the lavender fields and willow trees...


Needless to say, this purchase had to happen...thank you, Etsy.
Thank goodness this quote now has personal meaning. *Happy sigh* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment