Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Just pray she doesn't go ethnic..."

Last Saturday night, Tommy and I went up to Marrakesh (an authentic Moroccan restaurant in the heart of Portland) with good friends, Dan and Brittany. We were celebrating by having a little belated birthday dinner for myself - I turned 28 on New Year's Eve, but did not get one single picture on my actual birthday, so no post-worthy stories to follow...

Anyway, Marrakesh is quite the experience, if you've never been. Remember that scene in Along Came Polly, where they're eating with their hands while sitting on little toad stools at short, little tables and Ben Stiller's character Rueben Feffer, is sitting there trying to act normal while totally sweating through his shirt?? Well, it's like that, MINUS the irritable bowel syndrome :) The food is fantastic and the entertainment is, err, well, awkwardly entertaining, but we had a great time and I would recommend going if you've never been. It's a great authentic ethnic experience and worth the time...great food and even better conversation! Belly Dancing anyone?!







3 comments:

  1. Danny!!! And the belly dancer...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun night! I can't believe we didn't get a picture of you and I though! Happy belated Birthday, again! You're a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm! I didn't know you had a blog!! Consider me a regular! Ps. I know Brittany and Dan! Ha. Small world!

    ReplyDelete