Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Little Miss Tallulah Belle

My Christmas gift from Tommy this year, came early, in a warm, fuzzy little package! Weighing in with 2 pounds of body and 3 pounds of fur, we welcomed Tallulah Belle (or "Lula" as it usually comes out) into our little family. She is a 6 month old, cream colored purebred Persian with copper eyes. We were lucky to find a breeder here in Salem - who BTW, I would highly recommend if you're in the market. www.paz4playcattery.com...tangent alert: If you live locally and love cats, you should go visit her house just to see the sheer delight that is a purebred Persian kitten...total hairball heaven. There were probably 20 kittens to choose from and I loved every minute :)

Anyway, it took me nearly 2 weeks to name her, but Tallulah meaning "leaping water" couldn't be a more perfect fit. She LOVES water...weird for a cat, I know. She waits outside the shower for me every morning so as soon as I'm out, she can lay in the water on the floor of it. She also sits inside the bathroom sink and plays in the drips, and she doesn't hesitate to jump from the side of the tub to your chest or belly while you're taking a bath! She chirps like a bird and loves terrorizing our older cat, Chloe - who I affectionately refer to as "Grumpy Pants" these days. I love her so much already and yes, it's safe to say, I will accept "crazy cat lady" as a term of endearment :)

Please note her ear hair "antennas" and her fuzzy little feet...my favorites!!





No comments:

Post a Comment