Monday, October 28, 2013

Operation Baby Johnston: Week Four.


I just completed the first 3 weeks of hormones pills preparing my body for IVF. Other than feeling a little bloated here and there, I feel fantastic! In fact, I've even felt an elevated level of happiness the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure if that's coincidence or if the Progesterone had anything to do with it. I would like to live under the delusion, that instead of going "crazy" on the injections I will be starting soon, that maybe they would have the opposite effect and make me deliriously happy! Is that possible? Haha. Let's just roll with it :)

This week I will start Ortho-Cyclen (usually a birth control) for 3 weeks. Sounds odd, right? That's what I thought! Once the doctor explained that its task is to put my ovaries at rest - preventing my body from ovulating, it made total sense. He doesn't want me ovulating until my eggs are ready for HIM to retrieve, so this is how he manipulates the timing of it all. I've tried this birth control before, and it made me really sick and nauseous. Hopefully it will be a little easier on my stomach this time around. I only have to take it for 3 weeks, so I'm not too worried.

On November 9th, I start the injections. These are the 'big guns' as I have mentioned before. I'm not worried about these either. Do what you gotta do, right?! I plan on giving these injections to myself. Danny can help if he wants, but I have to give myself these at the same time every day, so I don't want to have to depend on another person to make sure we stay on track. Danny and I work pretty opposite schedules right now anyway, so it will just be easier if I put on my big girl panties and do it myself. We are going up to the doctor's office that morning, where they have a little 'injection clinic' to help me, so I'm sure their tips will be helpful. This as our path, This is my reality. I don't have a choice, so shut up and make it happen. Giving myself injections in the broad scheme of life - the big picture, really doesn't seem like that big of deal to me at all. I have a lot of cheerleaders too, so I'm in a good space. I'm excited to check another week off of the advent calendar!

I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength! Philippians 4:13.

1 comment: